J. L. BELL is a Massachusetts writer who specializes in (among other things) the start of the American Revolution in and around Boston. He is particularly interested in the experiences of children in 1765-75. He has published scholarly papers and popular articles for both children and adults. He was consultant for an episode of History Detectives, and contributed to a display at Minute Man National Historic Park.

Subscribe thru Follow.it





•••••••••••••••••



Friday, December 29, 2006

Horatio Gates &c. on History Channel, 30 Dec

Tomorrow the History Channel is scheduled to air a program on Gen. Horatio Gates, commander of the Continental forces at Saratoga. The program will probably feature comments by A Student of History, John Maass. After that comes a program on Gen. Nathanael Greene, who also followed Gates as commander of the Continental Army in the southern theater.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I haven't much to say about the History Channel programs other than perhaps I will see them? My real point was just to let you know that I'm reading this blog, and enjoy it very much.

I'm a 2nd-year college student, studying politics and either religion or history, and I especially love early American history/political history. I'm actually going to be interning at the John Adams Library Project in Boston in a few days, so-- keep up the good work, and huzzah for Revolutionary Boston!

BostonMaggie said...

I watched the Horatio Gates program....Googled John Maass' name....found his blog....saw you in his blogroll. Here I am. I like it. I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

Its good to know I have been googled by a stranger!